Part-Time Front Desk Staff (with opportunity to instruct)
Are you an experienced climber? Do you enjoy working with people and encouraging them to try new things in a supportive, positive way? Then Island Rock Gym, Bainbridge Island’s indoor rock climbing gym, is looking for you!
We are currently hiring for part-time front-desk work. The right fit will be a responsible, reliable and fun individual with climbing experience who is self-motivated to monitor both customer safety and general gym maintenance.
IRG is a sustainability-minded business, with a goal of fostering safe, responsible climbers in our community. Our other values include respect, tolerance and appreciation of a diverse climbing community. We are building a team of long-term employees who share and support these values and will help build a fun, friendly, welcoming and safe atmosphere for anyone who wants to enjoy indoor climbing.
- Overseeing gym safety and monitoring rule enforcement.
- Handling sales transactions including day use, memberships, retail and gear rental.
- Monitoring visitor check-in.
- Ensuring every climber who walks into IRG feels welcome, regardless of skill or experience, and has a positive, respectful experience.
- Performing gym opening and/or closing procedures.
- Must be physically able to belay other people at length and climb at a moderate level.
- 18 years of age or older.
- MUST be an experienced climber – able to pass belay/lead climbing/lead belay tests; climbing instruction preferred (introduction to climbing, belaying, lead climbing, etc.)
- Must be friendly, professional, open and respectful.
- Fun-loving person who likes to engage in conversation with people.
- Desire to teach others.
- Able to maintain a keen focus on safety first while still creating a fun environment.
To apply, send us an email describing yourself along with a resume to email@example.com . No phone calls please.