Join us for SENDFEST 2019!
Saturday, April 20
Sendfest is our annual USAC Youth Local and Community Competition and Social. Sendfest is an inclusive community event where every age and ability level is welcome to participate. New routes, prizes for all, food cart, non-profit partners, after party, and free beer for those 21 and over.
This year’s event will also be a fundraiser for Puget Soundkeeper. A portion of the proceeds from Sendfest will benefit Puget Soundkeeper’s mission to protect and preserve the waters of Puget Sound.
Grub Hut food truck will be on site from late morning through evening serving grass-fed burgers and more! Vegetarian & GF options available.
Sessions 1 & 2: USAC Local Competition
Classic Redpoint Format comp. You’ll have 3 hours to climb any routes of your choosing with your top 3 scores recorded. Volunteer belayers will be at each rope. Some lead routes will be available for A, B, & Jr. categories. Speed Climbing will be run continuously during Sessions 1 and 2. Climbers may attempt their speed runs at any time during their registered session.
Session 3: Community Climbing Social
PRIZES! Join us for our wildly popular community climbing session where everyone walks out with a prize! Climbers of all levels, including beginners, are welcome. Ever wonder what routes you’d try if you didn’t know what the grades were? Come climb over 45 ungraded routes…you might surprise yourself! Also included in the fun are Speed Climbing and the After Party. Bring your climbing partner and belay each other, or use one of our staff belayers who will be floating around belaying, all night. Point totals will be recorded and prizes awarded for all levels. Don’t want to keep score? Sign up for the Funzies category and just climb for the fun of it!
- Early Registration (by April 15): $50
- Late Registration (after April 15): $55
Session 1: Female D, C, B, A, Jr.*
- Registration Opens – 8:00 am
- Rules Meeting – 8:45 am
- Climbing – 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Session 2: Male D, C, B, A, Jr.*
- Registration Opens – 12:00 pm
- Rules Meeting – 12:15 pm
- Climbing – 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
*Exceptions can be made for siblings or those who cannot make their designated session.
- Speed will be run continuously throughout Sessions 1 and 2. Climbers may attempt their speed runs at any time during their registered session.
Note: All youth are welcome! You do not have to be a USAC member to participate. However, If you do not have a current USAC Annual Membership, you will be required to purchase a $20 Introductory Membership. All climbers under 19 may choose to compete in the USAC sessions (USAC Local credit) or the community session (prizes awarded, no USAC credit).
Community Climbing Social
- Early Registration (by April 15): $25 Members / $30 non-members
- Late Registration (after April 15): $30 Members / $35 non-members
- Registration Opens – 3:00 pm
- Rules Meeting – 3:45 pm
- Climbing – 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
- After Party – 7:15 pm
- Awards & Prizes – 8 pm
Session 3 Climbing Categories
- Funzies: No scores. Just fun!
- Beginner: 5.9 and below
- Intermediate: comfortably climb 5.10
- Advanced: comfortably climb 5.11
- Open: comfortably climb 5.12
- Masters: climbers 45 and over
Format & Rules
- For official rules for the USAC Sessions, please refer to the USAC Climbing Rulebook.
- Climbers will have 3 hours to climb any climbs of their choosing.
- Climbers will have one attempt per turn.
- Climbers will have a maximum of 5 attempts per route.
- If you fall or weight the rope, you will be lowered and may choose whether to put your card back in the queue or move on to another climb.
- For each route you complete, the judge will record the route number and point value.
- Only routes completed from start to finish without falling or weighting the rope will be counted.
- Turn in your scorecard at end of your session with your 3 highest point values, circled.
- Speed Climbing (optional for all sessions):
- USAC Jr/A/B will run a 10m speed route on official speed holds. There will be a single route on which climbers will be given 2 attempts.
- USAC C/D will run a 10m jug haul speed route. There will be a single route on which climbers will be given 2 attempts.
- Community Comp participants may choose between the official speed route or the jug haul route.
We can’t make Sendfest a success without your help! Volunteers are needed for belaying and to help with check-in and scoring for Sessions 1 and 2. Volunteer shifts will begin 30 minutes before each session and will last the entire session. Volunteers may compete in Session 3. Volunteers will receive 3 Day Passes for each volunteer shift.
Bainbridge Island is a 35 minute ride on the water from downtown Seattle. Island Rock Gym is in the Coppertop Business Park approximately a 5 minute drive from the Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal.
Weekend ferry traffic can be heavy and delays and backups do occur. Please check the WSDOT Ferry homepage for current ferry schedules, delays, and available car spaces to plan your trip.
- That’s A Some Pizza
- Storyville Coffee Roasting Studio
- Sweet Dahlia Baking
- Bainbridge Brewing Co.
- Fletcher Bay Winery
- Bainbridge Organic Distillers
- Bainbridge Island Crossfit
- Fire Dragon Acupuncture and Massage
Downtown Bainbridge is directly off the ferry, where you can find several coffee shops, bakeries, and restaurants on Winslow Way. For more information on things to do on B.I. check out Visit Bainbridge.