You’re a responsible, reliable, and fun individual with a knack for customer service. You’re self-motivated and independent. You can multi-task with the best of them. You can monitor the Front Desk, customer safety, and Youth Program Staff, and answer phones, and give belay tests without breaking a sweat! You like talking to people and creating a great experience for everyone.
Note: This is a part-time position with opportunities for additional hours including Youth and Adult Instruction, Facility Maintenance and Coaching.
- Oversee gym safety and enforce gym rules.
- Learn our products and services backwards and forwards in order to help customers select the best product for their needs.
- Handle sales transactions including day use, memberships, retail, and gear rental.
- Monitor visitor check-in.
- Perform top-rope and lead belay tests.
- Perform gym opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain gym cleanliness by completing daily cleaning tasks.
- Maintain an environment conducive to climbing with upbeat music and positive vibes.
- Ensure every climber who walks into IRG feels welcome and has a positive experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be friendly, professional, open, and respectful.
- Desire to share your passion for climbing and adventure with others.
- Able to maintain a keen focus on safety while creating a fun environment.
- Able to learn and pass belay, lead climbing, and lead belay tests.
- Must be physically able to belay others at length and climb at a competent level.
- Experience working in a commercial or institutional climbing facility, or similar discipline (fitness, yoga, martial arts, etc.).
- Climbing instruction experience (top rope and lead belaying, technical instruction, ropes course, etc.).
To apply, send us an email describing yourself, your work experience, and why you want to work with us, along with a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.