You’re a responsible, reliable, and fun individual with a knack for customer service. You’re self-motivated and independent. You can multi-task with the best of them. You can monitor the Front Desk, customer safety, and Youth Program Staff, and answer phones, and give belay tests without breaking a sweat! You like talking to people and creating a great experience for everyone.
Note: This is a part-time position with opportunities for full-time hours including Facility Maintenance, Youth and Adult Instruction, Coaching, and Route Setting (dependent on experience).
- Oversee gym safety and enforce gym rules.
- Learn our products and services backwards and forwards in order to help customers select the best product for their needs.
- Handle sales transactions including day use, memberships, retail, and gear rental.
- Monitor visitor check-in.
- Perform top-rope and lead belay tests.
- Perform gym opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain gym cleanliness and perform daily cleaning tasks.
- Maintain an environment conducive to climbing with upbeat music and positive vibes.
- Ensure every climber who walks into IRG feels welcome and has a positive experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be friendly, professional, open, and respectful.
- Fun-loving and likes to engage in conversation.
- Desire to share your passion for climbing and adventure with others.
- Able to maintain a keen focus on safety while creating a fun environment.
- Able to learn and pass belay, lead climbing, and lead belay tests.
- Must be physically able to belay others at length and climb at a competent level.
- Experience working in a commercial or institutional climbing facility.
- Climbing instruction experience (top rope and lead belaying, technical instruction, ropes course, etc.).
- Dependent on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Industry discounts
- Discounted memberships for family
To apply, send us an email describing yourself, your work experience, and why you want to work with us, along with a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.