You’re a responsible, reliable, and fun individual with a knack for customer service. You’re self-motivated and independent. You can multi-task with the best of them. You can monitor the Front Desk, customer safety, Youth Program Staff, and answer phones without breaking a sweat! You like talking to people and creating a great experience for everyone. If this sounds like you, Insight Climbing & Movement is waiting for you! We’re looking for motivated individuals to join our new Bremerton location as Front Desk Staff who are interested in learning new things and growing their skills in the indoor climbing industry. Insight is a values-based climbing gym with the goal of fostering a safe, inclusive, and stoked climbing community.
This is a part-time position, applicants will need to work at least one evening and one weekend shift per week.
- Oversee gym safety and enforce gym rules.
- Learn our products and services backwards and forwards in order to help customers select the best product for their needs.
- Handle sales transactions including day use, memberships, retail, and gear rental.
- Monitor visitor check-in.
- Perform gym opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain gym cleanliness and perform daily cleaning tasks.
- Maintain an environment conducive to climbing with upbeat music and positive vibes.
- Ensure every climber who walks into IRG feels welcome and has a positive experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Must be friendly, professional, open, and respectful.
- Fun-loving and likes to engage in conversation.
- Desire to share your passion for climbing and adventure with others.
- Able to maintain a keen focus on safety while creating a fun environment.
- Able to learn and pass belay, lead climbing, and lead belay tests.
- Experience working in a commercial or institutional climbing facility.
- Climbing instruction experience (Top Rope and Lead Belaying, Technical Instruction, ropes course, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Dependent on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Industry discounts
- Discounted memberships for family
To apply, send us an email describing yourself, your work experience, and why you want to work with us, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.