You’re a responsible, reliable, and fun individual with the ability to manage kids ages 4 through 12 and help cultivate the next generation of climbers. You love working with kids and can manage groups and individuals.
- Instruct youth programs including after-school clubs, one-on-one belay sessions, and camps.
- Engage in youth behavior management and re-direction in a positive manner.
- Communicate effectively with kids, parents, co-workers, and members.
- Be a positive ambassador of IRG Youth Programs to the wider community.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Previous experience working as an instructor, teacher, counselor, or similar position with youth.
- Able to learn and pass belay test.
- Physically able to belay others at length and climb at a competent level.
- Friendly, professional, open, and respectful.
- Fun-loving and patient.
- You understand the nuances of working with youth.
- Able to maintain a keen focus on safety while creating a fun environment.
- Experience working in a commercial or institutional climbing facility.
- Youth program experience (youth camps, youth sports, etc.).
To apply, send us an email describing yourself, your work experience, and why you want to work with us, along with a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.